The Zacuto Z-Drive is a follow focus unit designed for single-operator shoulder mounted rigs. It attaches to a single 15mm rod and features a curved design that creates space and distance from the lens. This extra space provides for more comfortable use when the camera rig is on your shoulder.
The Z-Drive is adjustable for use with a variety of lens sizes, and can be operated on either side of your rig, facing either towards the lens, or backward toward the operator for use with a standard focus whip when on a tripod or dolly. It slides onto a single 15mm rod and tightens into place with a quick-release ratcheting lever. It can also be adjusted towards and away from your lens via a red thumb screw, for use with a variety of lens diameters.
The Z-Drive has a fixed 0.8 pitch gear for connecting to your lens. For lenses that don’t have 0.8 pitch gears, like most DSLR lenses, Zacuto ZipGears are available (sold separately).
- 60° curved design
- Slender marking disc for repeatable focus pulls
- Standard accessory port for Zacuto, Chrosziel, and Arri whips / cranks
- Universal joint and no internal gears, so it won’t develop any play
- Also available is the Zacuto Tornado, which attaches to the Z-Drive’s whip port and provides a mechanical follow focus handgrip.
- Please note: The Z-Drive is not compatible with matte boxes.