Three ALEXA Mini license upgrades are available, allowing users to get the most out of the camera’s 4:3 ALEV III sensor.
- The 4:3 License Key enables ALEXA Mini to record ProRes in 4:3, 4:3 cropped or 16:9 anamorphic and to de-squeeze both the viewfinder image and HD-SDI signal.
- The ARRIRAW License Key allows for 2.8K 16:9 ARRIRAW recording. Open Gate ARRIRAW recording is possible with cameras that have both license keys installed.
- The ARRI Look Library License Key offers 87 predefined creative color gradings, each in three intensities.
Breathtaking image quality
- 35 mm format film-style digital camera
- Natural skin tones
- Recording up to 200fps
- High Dynamic Range with 14+ stops of exposure latitude
- Optional ARRIRAW and 4:3 licenses
More than just a camera
- Accompanied by a wide range of mechanical and electronic accessories for every use case
- Wireless connectivities via built-in white coded radio and WiFi interfaces
- Easy rapid, and tool-less transitions between configurations
- Every setup can be adapted individually
Great variety of lens options
- Rapidly interchangeable lens mounts
- PL or LPL-Mount for cine-style lenses, including those compatible with the ARRI Lens Data System
- B4 lens mount permits the use of 2/3” video-style B4 lenses
- EF lens mount provides compatibility with a wide range of stills photography lenses
Arri ALEXA Mini Camera Body FAQ
* Which are the licensed features of the ALEXA Mini?
The ALEXA Mini 4:3 license key:
Enables ProRes recording in the following formats: 2.8K 4:3, 2:39:1 2K Ana. and HD Ana. MXF/ARRIRAW Open Gate recording is possible in combination with the ALEXA Mini ARRIRAW license key.
The ALEXA Mini ARRIRAW license key:
Enables in-camera ARRIRAW recording. Open Gate recording is possible in combination with the ALEXA Mini 4:3 license key.
The ARRI Look Library license key:
A collection of 87 predefined creative color gradings that can be installed in ARRI cameras equipped with advanced look management (only needed for cameras purchased prior to May 2017)
* Can I use anamorphic lenses with the ALEXA Mini?
Yes. You can use both traditional anamorphic lenses with a 2x squeeze factor (like the ARRI Master Anamorphic lenses) as well as anamorphic lenses with a 1.3x squeeze factor with the ALEXA Mini.
* Which lens mounts are available for the ALEXA Mini?
Following lens, mounts are available for the ALEXA Mini:
- Titanium PL LDS mount with L-Bus connector
- PL LDS Lens Mount with Hirose connector
- LPL Mount
- Leitz M-Mount
- EF Lens Mount
- B4 Lens Mount
- PL to B4 Lens Adapter
* What are ALEXA Mini’s power inputs?
ALEXA Mini has a single power input: the BAT connector. There are various battery adapters available for V-lock or Gold mount batteries that connect to the BAT connector. Power sources can be attached and removed without powering the camera down first.
* Are CF or CFast cards other than CFast 2.0 compatible with the camera?
No cards other than CFast 2.0 cards are compatible with the camera.
For more questions, access ARRI’s page