The Arri ALEXA Mini Camera Body with 4:3 and ARRIRAW comes with preinstalled licenses for full 4:3, MXF/ARRIRAW and Open Gate functionality.
Compact, lightweight, and self-contained – ARRI ALEXA Mini is the small and versatile allrounder in the ARRI camera family.
The symmetrical design permits filming in any orientation, including upside-down and in portrait mode, while multiple accessory points enable highly creative mounting solutions. In addition, ALEXA Mini Camera comes with a series of interchangeable lens mount, allowing the use of B4 video, EF mount stills lenses, or with the even ARRI Signature Primes with the LPL mount for ALEXA Mini.
Small and Excellent
An ALEXA Mini can be operated in a number of ways: by wireless remote control, as an A-camera with the ARRI MVF-1 multi viewfinder attached, or with an on-board monitor and controlled via the user button interface on the camera body.
Designed with new-generation brushless gimbals, multicopters and other specialized rigs in mind, ALEXA Mini is light enough to be comfortably held at arm’s length in a hand rig, while its compact size also makes it ideal for tight shooting conditions, as well as underwater, aerial, car, action, and 3D shoots. The ALEXA Mini is a go-anywhere tool, easy to transport in backpacks or as carry-on luggage.
With an ALEXA Mini you can literally shoot everywhere with the best image quality.
- Stable in harsh environments from -20° to +45°C / -4° to +113°F
- Sealed electronics
- Non-condensing splash and dust-proof
- Built-in motorized FSND filters 0.6, 1.2, 2.1
ALEXA Mini Studio Set
The compact and lightweight ALEXA Mini is a highly versatile tool on set. In some productions, it is used as a second or third camera, while in others it is the main camera throughout a shoot. As a result, it is frequently moved from one configuration to another. Any time savings that can be made during these transitions will have a big impact on the daily shooting schedule.
Therefore, ARRI has developed a studio set for ALEXA Mini. Its core is the ARRI Compact Bridge Plate CBP-1, a base plate with an integrated sliding bridge plate and shoulder pad. This allows for rapid, tool-less transitions between configurations – for example from TRINITY, MAXIMA, or Steadicam stabilizers to tripod heads or an operator’s shoulder.
The Rear Accessory Bracket RAB-1 offers flexible attachment options for the Power Splitting Box Mk II, a power distribution unit available in Gold Mount and V-Mount versions, while the Side Accessory Bracket SAB-1 provides a simple interface for mounting accessories towards the rear of the camera. Many previously released ARRI camera accessories for the ALEXA Mini are fully compatible with the studio set.
Leverage the Full Power
Three ALEXA Mini license upgrades are available, allowing users to get the most out of the camera’s 4:3 ALEV III sensor.
- The 4:3 License Key enables ALEXA Mini to record ProRes in 4:3, 4:3 cropped or 16:9 anamorphic and to de-squeeze both the viewfinder image and HD-SDI signal.
- The ARRIRAW License Key allows for 2.8K 16:9 ARRIRAW recording. Open Gate ARRIRAW recording is possible with cameras that have both license keys installed.
- The ARRI Look Library License Key offers 87 predefined creative color gradings, each in three intensities.
Breathtaking image quality
- 35 mm format film-style digital camera
- Natural skin tones
- Recording up to 200fps
- High Dynamic Range with 14+ stops of exposure latitude
- Optional ARRIRAW and 4:3 licenses
More than just a camera
- Accompanied by a wide range of mechanical and electronic accessories for every use case
- Wireless connectivities via built-in white coded radio and WiFi interfaces
- Easy rapid, and tool-less transitions between configurations
- Every setup can be adapted individually
Great variety of lens options
- Rapidly interchangeable lens mounts
- PL or LPL-Mount for cine-style lenses, including those compatible with the ARRI Lens Data System
- B4 lens mount permits the use of 2/3” video-style B4 lenses
- EF lens mount provides compatibility with a wide range of stills photography lenses
Arri ALEXA Mini Camera Body FAQ
* Which are the licensed features of the ALEXA Mini?
The ALEXA Mini 4:3 license key:
Enables ProRes recording in the following formats: 2.8K 4:3, 2:39:1 2K Ana. and HD Ana. MXF/ARRIRAW Open Gate recording is possible in combination with the ALEXA Mini ARRIRAW license key.
The ALEXA Mini ARRIRAW license key:
Enables in-camera ARRIRAW recording. Open Gate recording is possible in combination with the ALEXA Mini 4:3 license key.
The ARRI Look Library license key:
A collection of 87 predefined creative color gradings that can be installed in ARRI cameras equipped with advanced look management (only needed for cameras purchased prior to May 2017)
* Can I use anamorphic lenses with the ALEXA Mini?
Yes. You can use both traditional anamorphic lenses with a 2x squeeze factor (like the ARRI Master Anamorphic lenses) as well as anamorphic lenses with a 1.3x squeeze factor with the ALEXA Mini.
* Which lens mounts are available for the ALEXA Mini?
Following lens, mounts are available for the ALEXA Mini:
- Titanium PL LDS mount with L-Bus connector
- PL LDS Lens Mount with Hirose connector
- LPL Mount
- Leitz M-Mount
- EF Lens Mount
- B4 Lens Mount
- PL to B4 Lens Adapter
For more questions, access ARRI’s page
There are no reviews yet.