Sony PXW-FS5 XDCAM Super 35 Camera System
- Weekly $825.00
- Weekend $412.50
For longer periods,please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rental Rate Day Charge Schedule
- 1 Day Rental = 1 Day Charge
- 1 to 3 Day Rental = Charge for each day (3 Day Charge)
- 3 to 7 Day Rental = 3 Day Charge
- Weekend (Saturday / Sunday) = 1.5 Day Charge
- Month Rental (28 Days) = 10 Day Charge
Equipment Pick Up and Drop Off Times
Equipment pick up – Equipment will be ready the day before the rental date between 4pm and 6pm (Monday to Friday) or at the time of opening the day of the rental (8am)
Equipment Return – Equipment must be returned between 8am and 10am the day following the rental date (Monday to Friday) or the Monday following a weekend.
If pick up or drop off times are outside of these hours them additional charges may apply.
Insurance- All equipment rentals require a Certificate of Insurance or Deposit before any item can leave Fusion Cine. Get covered using our Fusion Cine Insurance Program
Please note that we rent equipment across Canada, but currently only facilitate rentals out of our Vancouver location, so rentals outside of this area may require additional shipping time.
The Sony FS5 is an affordable 4K/2K RAW option with 4K Super35mm sensor and Super slow motion. The Sony FS5 NEX-FS700R is an NXCAM camcorder with a superior 4K Super35mm CMOS sensor, super slow motion capability and an interchangeable E-mount lens system, offering unrivalled flexibility and creative expression.
Sony FS5 high-end production functionality
Based on customer feedback, the Sony FS5 NEX-FS700R includes a number of features providing familiar professional operation and workflows, including 50/60Hz switchability, built-in ND filters, 3G-SDI interface and an enhanced exterior design.
Sony FS5 4K RAW and 2K RAW output on AXS memory with HXR-IFR5 adaptor plus HFR
The Sony FS5 NEX-FS700R can capture stunning 4K RAW movie footage or 2K RAW with the AXS-R5 RAW recorder over 3G HD-SDI using the HXR-IFR5 interface unit. The NEX-FS700R can also capture 4K RAW at High Frame Rate (HFR) of 100 frames per second (fps) or 120 fps for approximately 4 seconds, and 2K RAW at 100 fps, 120 fps, 200 fps or 240 fps continuous recording, with the only limitation of memory capacity and/or battery life.
Superb 35mm image quality
A high-sensitivity 4K Super35 Exmor™ CMOS Sensor offers all the benefits of a large format sensor, while Sony’s unique electronic Variable ND Filter gives unsurpassed flexibility for shooting on the go.
Grab and shoot mobility
Go beyond what anyone ever expected for a camcorder that weighs just 0.8kg. Robust and modular : FS5 is easily reconfigured for drone and gimbal operation. Careful weight distribution and an ergonomic smart grip enable you to comfortably shoot from any angle.
Easy upgrade path
Sony’s α-mount system offers unsurpassed compatibility with third-party lenses, including DSLR, making FS5 a natural next step for creators migrating from stills to professional video production.
Lightweight, modular and robust
Despite its amazingly light 0.8kg body, the FS5 is more than tough enough for the rigours of real-world shooting. A magnesium chassis ensures high rigidity with ¼-inch screw holes on handle, top and bottom of the body to support mounting on a drone, gimbal or in an underwater housing. A detachable Smart Grip puts all of the FS5’s key functions at your fingertips and is easily adjusted with the press of a single button.
However you want to shoot, the FS5 adapts to fit your style . A high resolution 0.39-inch OLED viewfinder enables precise manual focus and is perfectly offset for right-eye or left-eye viewing. A 3.5-inch LCD screen can be attached in no less than nine different locations: three on top of the handle and another six on top of the body. And once attached, the positioning of the screen can be freely adjusted – for example either beside the camera body or directly along the axis of the lens.
4K Super 35 Exmor(TM) sensor
The FS5 is built around a high-sensitivity 4K Super35 Exmor™ CMOS Sensor that offers all the benefits of a large format sensor in combination with the exceptional image readout speeds required for 4K motion-picture shooting and super slow motion.
- 4K resolution: 11.6 million total pixels and 8.8 million* effective pixels deliver 4K resolution. Even if you’re delivering in HD, your recordings will capture detail and image texture that HD sensors simply cannot see
- Super 35 size sensor offers ‘bokeh,’ the defocussed backgrounds made possible by shallow depth of field, as well as excellent low-light sensitivity and an expansive field of view
- 14 stops of exposure latitude deliver powerful grayscale rendition without crushing shadow detail or blowing out highlight detail
- Sony’s Exmor CMOS design provides high-speed full-pixel read-out capability (without pixel binning) and sophisticated camera processing to ensure jaggies and moiré are minimised
- Record 10bit 4:2:2 in Full HD at up 50Mbps internally
α mount flexibility
Sony’s α mount system offers unsurpassed compatibility with both Sony and third-party lenses. The FS5’s E-Mount can take cinema lenses and SLR lenses with a third-party adaptor, as well as Sony’s E-mount and A-mount lenses. So whether buying new lenses, or making use of lenses you’ve already purchased, the FS5 makes it easy.
Built-in electronic Variable ND Filters
The FS5 features Sony’s unique built-in electronic variable Neutral Density (ND) filter, further expanding the depth of field capability of its large format sensor. Unlike conventional optical ND Filters, the electronic ND Filter on the FS5 can be controlled from 1/4ND to 1/128ND linearly. ND Filters can also be set to auto*. This makes the FS5 ideal for fast-moving shoots in changeable environments – there’s no need to change filters as lighting conditions change and variable control makes it easy to keep depth of field under control.
Spectacular HDR performance
Demand for HDR content is increasing and FS5 offers you a choice of two powerful workflows. Whichever option you choose, a phenomenal fourteen stops of exposure latitude ensures the highest fidelity in capturing highlights and details within shadows.
- Instant HDR Workflow is all about speed. Shoot, edit and view content in Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) to deliver content quickly without compromising on imaging expression and quality of content
- S-Log2/3 is the proven choice for premium applications where you wish to capture as much data as possible for the ultimate flexibility in grading
High Frame Rate (HFR) recording
The FS5 offers High Frame Rate (HFR) cache recording at Full HD 10bit 4:2:2 image quality and a frame rate of up to 240 fps. The 8-second cache recording means no more mistimed shots leading to extra takes. It also lets you pick out footage at exactly the point that you want. It is also possible to record 120 fps with up to 16-second cache recording. Higher frame rates of 480 fps and 960 fps are also possible at specific resolutions. It is also possible to upgrade the FS5 for even greater creative flexibility.
|Image Sensor||4K Exmor Super 35 CMOS Image Sensor (11.6MP)|
Photo: 8,400,000 pixels (16x9)
- 4K XDCAM Super 35mm Compact Camcorder w
- o Lens
- Sony LCD Monitor for PXW-FS5
- Sony Top Handle for PXW-FS5
- Body cap for Side Grip Handle for PXW-FS5
- Grip Controller for Sony PXW-FS5
- SxS USB Card Reader Power Supply
- 2 x EX Lithium Ion camera battery
- Single Battery Charger for BP batteries
- OSHA Cable
- USB 2.0A TO MICRO USB 5 PIN 3FT
- On Board Shotgun Microphone
- 64 GB PRO + UHS-I SDXC U3 MEMORY CARD (CLASS 10)
- USB 3.0 HI-SPEED MEDIA READER
- Ultra Slim Series USB 3.0 Cable, A Male to Micro B Male
- Orange Fusion Media Cases