Sony PXW-Z280 4k XDCAM Camcorder
- Weekly $750.00
- Weekend $375.00
For longer periods,please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rental Rate Day Charge Schedule
- 1 Day Rental = 1 Day Charge
- 1 to 3 Day Rental = Charge for each day (3 Day Charge)
- 3 to 7 Day Rental = 3 Day Charge
- Weekend (Saturday / Sunday) = 1.5 Day Charge
- Month Rental (28 Days) = 10 Day Charge
Equipment Pick Up and Drop Off Times
Equipment pick up – Equipment will be ready the day before the rental date between 4pm and 6pm (Monday to Friday) or at the time of opening the day of the rental (8am)
Equipment Return – Equipment must be returned between 8am and 10am the day following the rental date (Monday to Friday) or the Monday following a weekend.
If pick up or drop off times are outside of these hours them additional charges may apply.
Insurance- All equipment rentals require a Certificate of Insurance or Deposit before any item can leave Fusion Cine. Get covered using our Fusion Cine Insurance Program
Please note that we rent equipment across Canada, but currently only facilitate rentals out of our Vancouver location, so rentals outside of this area may require additional shipping time.
Setting the standard for handheld image quality and direct to air broadcasting in the IoT era. Sony' s PXW-Z280 records 4K 60p with three 1/2-type CMOS sensor and has the revolutionary networking capabilities.
- Three 1/2" Exmor R CMOS Sensors
- 4K 60p Recording
- Integrated 17x Optical Zoom Lens
- Electronic Variable ND Filter
- Supports XAVC Intra/Long, MPEG HD, DVCAM
- Supports S-Log 3
- Supports HLG for an HDR Workflow
- Simultaneous 4K/HD Recording
- 12G-SDI Output Supports 4K 60p
- Built-In 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi
The world-leading handheld 4K HDR performance
An all-new 4K 3CMOS 1/2-type sensor with a deep depth of field and class-leading performance provides the pinnacle of 4K HDR performance in your hand. Face Detection AF keeps your subject in focus, while HLG and S-Log3 provide stunning HDR to suit any workflow.
Revolutionary networking capabilities
Deliver your content faster wherever you are. PXW-Z280 is the world’s first camcorder with Dual Link Cellular capability for double the uplink performance and reliability. *Requires XDCAM air subscription or PWS-110RX1A/110RX1.
The complete package for professionals
Unpack and shoot from day one. Advanced XAVC-Intra and XAVC-Long for 4K QFHD and HD, plus MPEG HD422, MPEG HD and DVCAM to support any workflow. Familiar Sony control layout and operation minimize training requirements.
World's first 1/2-type 3CMOS Sensor for broadcast 4K
The Z280’s all-new Exmor R™ imager is custom-designed for broadcast 4K acquisition. Its three 1/2-type Exmor R™ CMOS delivers a deep depth of field with superb image quality. Red, blue, and green light are independently captured by separate image sensors, contributing to high resolution, high sensitivity of F12 (59.94p) and wide dynamic range. An advanced LSI (featuring intelligent noise reduction, enhanced detail reproduction, and distortion correction technologies) delivers remarkably lifelike 4K 4:2:2 10-bit images. Even if you’re delivering in HD, your recordings will capture detail and image texture that HD sensors simply cannot see.
17x professional HD zoom lens with three independent rings with an end-stop and large focal length
The PXW-Z280 is equipped with a 17x professional zoom lens able to zoom from 30.3mm to 515mm (35mm equivalent). The 1/2-inch type lens has three independent control rings with end-stop, which allows manual control of focus, zoom, and iris, making for better and faster adjustment.
The image can be enlarged without any picture degradation in HD mode and 34x times zoom equivalent image is captured with sensor cropping extender.
Spectacular HDR performance
Demand for HDR content is increasing and Z280 offers you a choice of two powerful workflows.
S-Log3 is the proven choice for premium applications where you wish to capture as much data as possible for the ultimate flexibility in grading
Instant HDR Workflow is all about speed. Shoot, edit and view content in Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG) to deliver content quickly without compromising on imaging expression and quality of content Amazingly fast precision autofocus The PXW-Z280 features newly developed Face detection AF. You can choose between Face Priority AF and Face Only AF. Simply keep the person in frame and however, you move to obtain a better angle, you can be confident the PXW-Z280 will keep your subject in pin-sharp focus.
Built-in electronic Variable ND Filters
Sony’s ground-breaking integration of electronic variable ND Filters into the body of a camcorder enables fast, agile shooting. Moving from shadowy interiors to bright sun-lit exteriors is no problem with PXW-Z280. Unlike conventional optical ND filters, the electronic ND filter on the PXW-Z280 can be controlled from 1/4ND to 1/128ND linearly while ND Filters can be set to fully auto. You can even manually adjust Depth of Field using the iris lens ring while relying on the PXW-Z280 to maintain constant exposure without changing gain nor shutter speed.
12G-SDI accelerated workflow
Revolutionize your workflow with 12Gbps content transfer – four times the bandwidth of 3G-SDI over a single cable and ideal for working with highest quality 4K content or speeding through HD content. Sony is the first broadcast manufacturer to build 12G-SDI into a compact handheld camcorder. Once you’ve tried it, you won’t want to use anything else.
Networked for high mobility
The PXW-Z280 comes with 5GHz* and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi as standard – simply turn on and log onto your preferred network to enable a host of advanced wireless production features:
- Dual Link Cellular – use two cellular networks in combination to provide an even more reliable network connection. The PXW-Z280 is compatible with standard USB cellular dongles from most networks. (Please check for most appropriate service provider for your region. Standard network fees will apply.)
- High-quality Sony QoS Streaming to Network RX station (Sold separately) and XDCAM air allows images to be streamed live from the camcorder for viewing at a remote location
- FTP Transfer allows content files recorded with MPEG HD 422/420 proxy feature and other content files shot in XAVC (QFHD/FHD) to be sent over the internet for remote storage on an FTP server even while shooting. In the case of signal interruption, the system will automatically resume as soon as connection restored
- Trimming function is available for both proxy and PGM without need for a PC. Any clip can have its start and endpoints selected to eliminate time wasted transferring unnecessary content XDCAM air can upload proxy footage to the cloud from multiple camera operators in the field, so editing can start immediately. Uploaded content can be accessed securely from any location. News teams can even start logging clips while shooting’s still going on, saving even more valuable time when a story’s breaking
- Wi-Fi/NFC (Near Field Communication) with Content Browser Mobile™** allows the PXW-Z280 to be remotely controlled from a smartphone or tablet computer (iOS 9.0 – 10.3 or Android 4.4 through 7.1) via a Wi-Fi connection. One-touch authentication is also possible with smartphones that offer NFC connectivity
- Wired LAN port allows you to connect the PXW-Z280 to the Internet with a standard Ethernet cable, allowing files to be streamed or transferred by FTP
*5GHz support is dependent on country/regional regulation. **The Content Browser Mobile™ application can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or App Store. A Wi-Fi operation cannot be guaranteed with all smartphones and tablet computers.
High performance, proven recording formats
PXW-Z280 offers complete production flexibility with built-in support for a wide variety of production formats.
High-quality XAVC Intra and XAVC Long GOP recordings
XAVC technology is based on the H.264 standard, which provides an exceptionally robust and efficient compression technology. XAVC Intra (frame) compression means that every frame is encoded independent of the other frames – providing a better quality picture, without compromises. XAVC Long GOP applies compression across multiple frames – reducing file sizes, which can make for fast ingest and editing as well as providing budget savings on recording media. The XAVC codec adopts 10-bit sampling for high definition recording with rich tonal expression.
Broadcast-standard MPEG HD422 and MPEG HD
High-quality MPEG HD422 50 Mbps is fully compliant with the latest EBU recommendations for long form broadcast production and is widely accepted in broadcasting stations and production houses. This recording capability makes PXW-Z280 ideal for a wide range of different applications, including newsgathering and documentary production.
DVCAM at 25 Mbps in MXF file format
Many broadcasters and production houses still utilize the proven DVCAM format and PXW-Z280 provides support at the flick of a switch.
- Lens hood
- Infrared Remote Commander
- USB cable
- BP-U30 battery pack
- BC-U1 battery charger
- Shoulder strap
- Lithium battery (CR2032 for data backup)
- Lithium battery (CR2025 for the IR Remote Commander)